The 39th annual Arby’s Classic, one of the premier basketball tournaments in the country, returns to Tennessee High’s Viking Hall Dec. 27-31 and will once again feature an impressive group of teams and top-rated players from across the country.
Among the 18 teams participating in the 2022 Arby’s Classic are three defending state champions – Norcross, the Georgia 7-A champs; Dobyns-Bennett, winners of the Tennessee Class 4A title; and Greeneville, the Tennessee Class 3A champions. This will be the first Arby’s Classic appearance for eight teams in the field.
Players to watch:
– Sir Mohammad (Myers Park), a 6-6 junior shooting guard who is ranked No. 62 nationally and is a Top 50 Junior
– Elijah Strong (Myers Park), a 6-8 senior power forward who is ranked among the Top 10 players in North Carolina and has committed to Wofford
– Josh Hubbard (Madison-Ridgeland), a 6-1 senior guard who is ranked No. 1 in Mississippi and is a Top 100 Senior
– Alex Lloyd (Westminster Academy), a 6-4 sophomore guard who is a Max Preps 2nd team Freshman All-American
– London Johnson (Norcross), a 6-4 senior point guard who is a 5-Star, Top 50 player
– Isaiah Evans (North Mecklenburg), a 6-6 junior small forward who is a Top 10 Junior
– Jaylen Carey (Westminster Academy), a 6-10 senior center, ranked among the top 200 players in the country.
Last year’s Arby’s Classic featured 21 Division 1 players, including B.J. Edwards (Tennessee), Brendan Hausen (Villanova), Malique Ewin (Ole Miss), Ernest Udeh, Jr. (Kansas), Riley Kugel (Florida), Noah Clowney (Alabama), Jayden Pierre (Providence).